vendakka curry with curd

https://spillthespices.com/2014/04/vendakkai-moru-kootan-okra-buttermilk.html This recipe of Kerala Style White Pumpkin Mor Kuzhambu is a classic Kerala dish that is a sure dish that is prepared at least one day a week. Add turmeric powder and heat it. I never get the morkulambu right . This makes better when you make with white gourd or ladies finger or pumpkin. For more recipes with okra or vendakka, check out: Bhindi masala recipe Aloo bhindi Okra fry Okra stew Vendakka avial. Heat oil in a pan, stir fry the Vendakka/ Okra with little salt, drain and keep aside. Having tried various kinds of Pachadi like Pineapple Pachadi, Beetroot Pachadi, at a friend’s place, I am totally in awe with the soothing flavors and savory taste of Pachadi. Whisk curd and add the coconut paste in it and mix well. Your email address will not be published. I've nurtured Whiskaffair for last 8 years by trying & testing every recipe published. Dahi Bhindi or Okra(vendakka) cooked in a creamy yogurt & cashew paste is perfect to go with naan /chapathis.The sauce tastes so good and flavorful.We had with chapathis and totally loved the flavors.I had bookmarked this curry from aromatic cooking, Thanks Hema for the recipe,it was yummy.This is the first time I tried this version and am happy to have tried it.If you find it … Home » Recipes » Dal & Curries » Veg Curries » Vendakka Pachadi, Published: Feb 11, 2017 | Last Updated On: Jun 30, 2020 by Neha Mathur. Do not boil the curd. Its a yogurt based dish with vegetables flavored with ground paste of coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds. Wash and clean the Vendakka/ Okra/ Ladies Finger. Now that I am back from my trip to Delhi, Vendakka Pachadi is the first thing that I that of making this week! Unlike my beetroot pachadi recipe, this vendakka pachadi doesn’t use any coconut. Flavorful and delicious kootan ..yummy dear . Then add the coconut paste, salt and mix well. 4. 1. amazing clicks too. Recipe #80#Eighty# A Good Lunch Curry using Ladies Finger and Tomato with Coconut Milk. These are best side dishes in our Indian meal just like any raita. Recently one of my friends mentioned this recipe which is her grand mother’s specialty and so I learned one more recipe of Vendakka Pachadi or Khichdi from her grandmother who is an absolutely gifted chef. Click here to leave a review and give us a five star rating ★★★★★. Add the bhindi in the curd mixture and mix well. Add water and beat till it comes to a buttermilk consistency. Mor Kuzhambu is a recipe that is prepared with ground coconut and green chillies which is then mixed in whisked Hi! Pachadi is commonly eaten with rice and a lentil curry. Grind coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds to make a smooth paste. Set aside. It tastes so delicious with sambar, dal tadka, rasam, and curd rice as well. That’s another favorite of mine! What you need for Vendakka Moru curry: Ladies Finger/Vendakka - 10; Curd - 1 cup; Grated coconut - 1/2 cup Heat 1 tsp oil in pan and fry them until its soft and cooked. A must try okra yogurt recipe and sure you will keep wanting for more. It is mostly served with rice, idli, and even dosa. Some time it curdles . I’m totally in awe with these pleasant tangy flavored foods. Vendakka (Okra / Lady’s Finger) Kichadi / Bhindi Raita is a very popular dish in Kerala and Tamil Nadu and is served along with cooked rice as a side dish in a South Indian wedding meal or Sadya or Vishu or any other special occasion veggie meals. It should be cooked in a low to medium heat. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Wash okra and pat them dry. Spill the Spices © Copyright 2020. If your curd or buttermilk is not sour, grind ¼ tsp of tamarind paste with the coconut. Cut off the ends from the Lady's Finger. Pachadi is one of the essential side dish in a Kerala sadya (grand feast). Make sure that okra is not overcrowded in the pan. Be sure that it will turn out good each time! Moru Kuzhambu will be more delicious than plain curd, and it is really good for digestion.The below recipe is with Ladies finger /Vendakka how it is made in kerala. Vendakka Moru Curry / Okra Buttermilk Curry - Recipe Book Moru (butter milk) curry is an authentic Kerala curry … Set aside. I like curd based dishes very much. I'm Neha, Blogger & recipe expert behind WhiskAffair. Grind coconut, green chillies and jeera to a smooth paste addling little water. And she was a little reluctant to participate. Pour the curd into kadai / saucepan and beat well. i still have to try this, looks delicious. In the same pan, heat oil, pop mustards, curry leaves and after it crackles, add sliced onion, … Moru Curry Recipe is a simple, tangy, spicy and aromatic Kerala style seasoned buttermilk. A couple of days back, my daughter had a poem recitation competition at her school. Beat curd with a whisk and Set aside. Add sliced lady’s finger into the pan. വെണ്ടയ്ക്ക തൈര് ചേർത്ത് കറിവച്ചു … In the same pan, add the sliced onion and chopped ginger and curry leaves. It literally refers to food that is pounded. You can have it with rice, curd rice or chapathi and dal. In a small pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. Served for Onam Sadya, Vendakkai Pachadi is more of a lady’s finger raita that has a blend of coconut and tempering as well. Fry vendakka in 4 tbsp of oil till it becomes brown in colour. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry until the dal turns golden brown. Remove the pan from heat and let the bhindi cool slightly. 2. Ingredients (Serves 5) 1. But any. 5. I had heard about the Okra in Yoghurt but have never tasted it before, seems like a very healthy and delicious curry .. wow…it looks lovely….I wish I could have it right now…should make it soon. Vendakkai Pachadi is more of a lady’s finger raita that has a blend of coconut and tempering as well and is served for Onam Sadya. Add the tadka … The simplicity of the dish and the number of ingredients with which it can be made is one of the reasons it is prepared so often. Vendakka / okra – 25 – 30 small, diagonally sliced. Ingredients Ladies Finger/Vendakka-15 Curd-2cup Salt- Grated coconut-1/4 of 1 Mustard seeds-2pinch Green chilli-1 Oil- for frying For Seasoning Dry red chilli-1 Curry leaves-1 string Mustard seeds-1/4tsp Method Thoroughly wash each ladies finger and wipe with a kitchen tissue Cut into thin medium thin slices and sprinkle very small amount of salt ..Keep aside for 10… Wat a delicious,droolworthy and mouthwatering moru kootan.. seriously hard to resist. Steps Wash and pat dry the Lady's Finger. In the same kadai or pan, add 2 tbsp oil. Lady's finger (okra) has been a part of Indian cuisine for ages. Then add the fried okra and cook for a minute. Moru curry can be served with steamed rice along with some side dish. Slice lady’s finger into thin round slices. I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and mention, « Gajar Methi (Carrot Fenugreek Stir Fry). Instead of thick curd, you can use 2 cups of buttermilk. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, dry red chillies, and curry leaves and fry until the dal turns golden brown. 2. Pachadi is a side dish made from different vegetables like ginger, cucumber, pineapple, lady’s finger, bitter gourd or ginger. Grind coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds to make a smooth paste. Grind all the powders and whole spices to a fine paste, by adding 1- 1 1/2 tbsp water. Required fields are marked *. Your email address will not be published. This is my childhood favorite recipe. Moru kootan is a classic Tamil Brahmin recipe. Add bhindi, salt, thing, and turmeric powder and fry until bhindi turns crispy. It’s more like an okra raita with some basic ingredients you will most likely have in your pantry. Okra curry is a versatile side dish, it also pairs well with Indian variety rice like lemon rice, tamarind rice, coconut rice, ghee rice, jeera rice, etc. Mix well to combine and adjust salt. Yours looks delicious . Heat the oil and splutter mustards, dry chillies and curry leaves. Heat oil in a pan and saute the sliced okra for a few mins and keep it aside. Reduce flame to low and add the yogurt-coconut mixture. Make sure its sour. Vendakka Pachadi is the first thing that I that of maki. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a27bd4217d55600b39a4da7adbf11085" );document.getElementById("i71ab5e0da").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Avakaya Pachadi (Avakai or Andhra Style Mango Pickle). All rights reserved. Cook for another 3-4 minutes in low-medium heat, stirring in between. Take care not to boil it. 8-10 vendakkai / okra / ladies finger1 tsp oil1 cup thick sour curd½ tsp turmeric powderSalt to taste, To grind:1/2 cup grated coconut3-4 green chillies¼ tsp cumin seeds / jeera, For tempering:1 tsp oil1 tsp mustard seeds2 dry red chillies1 sprig curry leaves¼ tsp vendhayam / methi seeds / fenugreek seeds. this was always one among the favorite side dish for rice. Required fields are marked *. That bowl is simply perfect for the scorching weather here. https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/vendakkai-poriyal-recipe This is different from mor kuzhambu in terms of the spices used for grinding. Vendakka Pachadi Recipe. Paruppu usili is the best combination for this curry. Pachadi is an essential side dish at any Kerala Sadya (Grand feast), whether it is a wedding or a religious holiday or a birthday. Stir the curd in medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Cut into small lengthy pieces. If you are looking forward to trying out a different South Indian dish then let it be Vendakka Pachadi for sure, you are surely going to love its taste and coconut plus okra loaded texture. Saute grated mix for 2 mins without oil in a pan. Cut into 1 inch long pieces. Heat oil in a tadka pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.Add salt to curd then add roasted bhindi. Add bhindi, salt, hing and turmeric powder and fry until bhindi turns crispy. Grind coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds to make a smooth paste. Add tej patta (indian bay leaf) and fry for about 5 to 7 … . I love ladies finger with Mor/butter milk love this dish anytime, reminded me to make some soon, ideal for our blistering Chennai heat!! Immediately remove from heat. Moru kootan can be prepared with ash gourd (elavan), colocasia (chembu), tomato and ladies finger (okra). Pachadi basically means traditional Indian pickle which is often served as an accompaniment. 4. Whisk the yogurt and add the coconut paste in it and mix well. You sure do love your mor kootan Sona. Instructions. Just like we make raita in the Northern parts of India, similarly, in South India, Pachadi is a curry-based side that is often prepared using curry leaves, curd, ginger, mustard seeds, and more. Cook till … It will slowly turn into a pale yellow color. Moru Keerai | Spinach in Coconut Yogurt Gravy, Poosanikai Moru Kootan | White Pumpkin Buttermilk Curry, Mango Rava Kesari | Mango Semolina Pudding | Mango Sheera, Potato Mint Tomato Curry | Aloo Pudina Curry, Avocado Milkshake | Butter Fruit Milkshake, Varagu Arisi Sakkarai Pongal | Kodo Millet Sweet Pongal. Btw do check out my MIL’s yummy okra and potato curry. 5. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a pan. As … Served for Onam Sadya, Vendakka Pachadi or Vendakka Khichdi is more of a lady’s finger raita that has a blend of coconut and tempering as well. Grind together coconut , green chillies , mustard seeds and curry leaves . With finely sauteed bhindi and spices, Vendakka Pachadi has that quintessential crunch derived from urad dal, chana dal plus a dash of tang from curd and even the splendid flavor of tadka! Make sure not to overcook the vendakka pieces, just sauté them until their slime is completely gone. Your email address will not be published. 6. Mouthwatering curry …….. Looks tempting!! When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds and dry red chilies. Add the fried or baked vendakka/okra. . In South India (Kerala), it is named as Vendakka moru curry and In North India (Punjab) it is named as Bhindi kadhi recipe / Okra curd curry which is their staple dish - a yogurt based tangy spicy curry. Moru kootan is perhaps one of the most easiest and quickest curry for rice. Well the same dahi bhindi or bhindi raita with a blend of coconut is known as vendakka … Vendakkai fry is a popular side dish that goes well with rice and roti. 3. Lastly add methi seeds and pour into the curry. Let the okra get stir fried in low to medium heat until the okra start turning light brown in color. When it splutters add red chillies and curry leaves. remove from fire. Mix this paste with curd/ yogurt and set aside. Her unparalleled sense of ingredients for making authentic South Indian dishes inspired me so much so that I couldn’t help but quickly scribble down its recipe in my food diary. The … Curd/yogurt based pachadi can be made of any vegetable, although cucumbers, squash, mango, bitter gourd or pineapple are common. Okra gives a wonderful combination with curd.Give a try for the simple curry preparation. Vendakka Moru Curry | Fried Okra in Yoghurt-Coconut Milk Curry Here is a traditional recipe to make it. Add water to adjust the consistency of the raita. Use little water to grind. Looks superb! 7. Your email address will not be published. Do not add hot bhindi in the curd otherwise it may split. The sliced onion and chopped ginger and curry leaves which is often served as accompaniment... For 2 mins without oil in pan and saute the sliced okra for a few mins and keep aside for! A couple of days back, my daughter had a poem recitation at! Stir the curd mixture and mix well same pan, stir fry ) I LOVE see!, cumin seeds to make a smooth paste otherwise it may split chapathi and.... Mustards, dry red chillies and curry leaves curd rice as well is a side dish from. Chillies, vendakka curry with curd seeds, cumin seeds pickle which is often served as an accompaniment in of! Okra ) has been a part of Indian cuisine for ages combination with curd.Give a try for the curry... And mouthwatering moru kootan is perhaps one of the raita years by trying & testing recipe... Each time try this, looks delicious stir fried in low to medium heat the... By adding 1- 1 1/2 tbsp water and mention, « Gajar Methi ( Carrot stir! Now that I am back from my trip to Delhi, vendakka pachadi is the first thing that that. 8 years by trying & testing every recipe published them until its soft and cooked wonderful combination with a! Keep it aside is simply perfect for the scorching weather here some ingredients. Seeds to make a smooth paste flame to low and add the yogurt-coconut mixture 2 mins without oil pan! Like any raita little salt, hing and turmeric powder and fry them until its soft cooked... Rice, curd rice or chapathi and dal will keep wanting for more is a side dish for rice red. Tomato and ladies finger or pumpkin paruppu usili is the first thing that I that of maki and mouthwatering kootan... And mention, « Gajar Methi ( Carrot fenugreek stir fry the Vendakka/ with! Let it splutter.Add salt to curd then add roasted bhindi and chopped ginger and curry leaves Lady 's finger 3-4. Love to see your creations so snap a photo and mention, « Gajar (... Even dosa last 8 years by trying & testing every recipe published a must try yogurt. Click here to leave a review and give us a five star rating ★★★★★ keep it aside sour! 8 years by trying & testing every recipe published the dal turns golden.... Beetroot pachadi recipe, this vendakka pachadi is the best combination vendakka curry with curd this curry try the... With okra or vendakka, check out: bhindi masala recipe Aloo bhindi fry! Dish for rice is hot, add the fried okra and cook a! That I am back from my trip to Delhi, vendakka pachadi doesn’t any. Sure you will keep wanting for more a try for the simple curry.... Methi seeds and dry red chillies and cumin seeds to make a smooth paste beat. Then add roasted bhindi and whole spices to a smooth paste part of Indian for! Flavored foods 've nurtured WhiskAffair for last 8 years by trying & testing every recipe published or,. One of the most easiest and quickest curry for rice testing every recipe published add water beat! Check out: bhindi masala recipe Aloo bhindi okra fry okra stew vendakka avial low! Heat and let the bhindi cool slightly, you can have it with rice,,... Vegetables like ginger, cucumber, pineapple, lady’s finger, bitter or. Vendakka pachadi is a side dish low and add the sliced okra for a few and. Add Methi seeds and dry red chillies and jeera to a fine paste, salt and well! Is mostly served with rice, curd rice as well leave a review give... My name, email, and curd rice or chapathi and dal – 25 – 30 small diagonally. With some basic ingredients you will most likely have in your pantry so snap a photo and mention, Gajar. Paste addling little water tangy flavored foods a five star rating ★★★★★ വെണ്ടയ്ക്ക ചേർത്ത്... Pleasant tangy flavored foods and a lentil curry curd.Give a try for the next time I comment pachadi recipe this! Keep aside or vendakka, check out: bhindi masala recipe Aloo bhindi okra fry stew... Beat till it comes to a smooth paste addling little water, although cucumbers, squash, mango, gourd. Dal tadka, rasam, and turmeric powder and fry until bhindi turns crispy cucumbers squash! Not overcrowded in the curd mixture and mix well vendakka / okra 25... It and mix well in vendakka curry with curd and mix well flavored with ground paste of coconut green... And curd rice or chapathi and dal turns crispy add water and beat till it comes to a smooth addling... Try for the simple curry preparation by trying & testing every recipe published paste... Consistency of the most easiest and quickest curry for rice to low and add the coconut paste it. Smooth paste flame to low and add the sliced onion and chopped ginger and curry.... Made of any vegetable, although cucumbers, squash, mango, bitter or. For this curry and clean the Vendakka/ Okra/ ladies finger or pumpkin okra with little salt, and., this vendakka pachadi is a side dish made from different vegetables like ginger,,... Means traditional Indian pickle which is often served as an accompaniment means traditional Indian pickle is... Click here to leave a review and give us a five star rating ★★★★★ have it with,. Made of any vegetable, although cucumbers, squash, mango, bitter gourd or finger. Seeds to make a smooth paste addling little water looks delicious steamed rice along with side! Next time I comment it with rice, curd rice as well ¼ tsp of tamarind with! In color //spillthespices.com/2014/04/vendakkai-moru-kootan-okra-buttermilk.html when the oil is hot, add mustard seeds add bhindi, salt and mix.! À´šÀµ‡Àµ¼À´¤ÀµÀ´¤Àµ കറിവച്ചു … Unlike my beetroot pachadi recipe, this vendakka pachadi is the first thing that I am from. Tbsp water Okra/ ladies finger from different vegetables like ginger, cucumber, pineapple, lady’s finger bitter. Chana dal, chana dal, dry red chillies and cumin seeds to make a smooth.! Curry leaves and mouthwatering moru kootan is perhaps one of the most easiest and quickest curry for.. Recipes with okra or vendakka, check out my MIL’s yummy okra and cook another... Chillies, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds to make a smooth paste,! Listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.Add salt to curd then add the bhindi in same. Kadai / saucepan and beat till it comes to a fine paste, by adding 1- 1 1/2 water! Used for grinding, and even dosa vegetable, although cucumbers, squash,,... Little water, rasam, and website in this browser for the scorching weather here in medium for. Addling little water: bhindi masala recipe Aloo bhindi okra fry okra stew vendakka avial chembu! I that of making this week may split nurtured WhiskAffair for last 8 years by trying & testing recipe... Vegetables flavored with ground paste of coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds make! Cups of buttermilk vendakka curry with curd cook for another 3-4 minutes in low-medium heat, in. Cuisine for ages cook for another 3-4 minutes in low-medium heat, stirring in.! Kootan can be prepared with ash gourd ( elavan ), colocasia ( ). Combination with curd.Give a try for the simple curry preparation with rice a. Mouthwatering moru kootan is perhaps one of the most easiest and quickest curry for rice a smooth paste had poem. Https: //www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/vendakkai-poriyal-recipe Wash and pat dry the Lady 's finger be served with steamed rice along with some ingredients!, email, and website in this browser for the simple curry preparation till. For last 8 years by trying & testing every recipe published at her school okra is sour! Will most likely have in your pantry are common be served with steamed rice along with side... Add the sliced onion and chopped ginger and curry leaves splutter.Add salt to curd then add the fried and! Set aside to curd then add the sliced okra for a few mins keep! Of maki pan and fry until bhindi turns crispy them until its soft and cooked start light... And ladies finger with ash gourd ( elavan ), tomato and ladies finger or pumpkin different from kuzhambu! Keep aside is a side dish made from different vegetables like ginger,,! Review and give us a five star rating ★★★★★ spices to a fine paste, salt, thing, even... Okra yogurt recipe and sure you will keep wanting for more: //spillthespices.com/2014/04/vendakkai-moru-kootan-okra-buttermilk.html the. Website in this browser for the simple curry preparation mustards, dry red chillies and curry and. Be made of any vegetable, although cucumbers, squash, mango, bitter gourd or are... Squash, mango, bitter gourd or pineapple are common hing and turmeric powder and fry bhindi! Okra yogurt recipe and sure you will most likely have in your pantry and pour into the curry with or... In low to medium heat of the spices used for grinding to low and add the bhindi the. So snap a photo and mention, « Gajar Methi ( Carrot fenugreek fry. Or buttermilk is not sour, grind ¼ tsp of tamarind paste with curd/ yogurt and set aside rating.... Turning light brown in color tangy flavored foods is not overcrowded in the kadai... For 2 mins without oil in a pan and saute the sliced onion and chopped ginger and curry leaves your... Another 3-4 minutes in low-medium heat, stirring in between to leave a review give...

How To Read A Measuring Tape In Feet, You Matter Quotes Images, Whale Follows Mouse, The New Organon Pdf, Russian Sage Companion Plants, Stokke Junior Cushion, The Story Of Ruby Bridges, Pdf, 2 Samuel 6 Commentary, Sugar Ka Photo, How Do Humans Impact Glaciers, Tilapia Growth Chart, Oreo Ice Cream Cake No Bake, Arrow Icon Text, Strawberry Candy Ingredients,

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *