tilapia fish curry coconut milk

Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Yum. In a food processor or blender, combine the coconut milk, almonds, onion, ginger, turmeric, lemon grass, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Very rich, very Thai. Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper on both sides, then place them skin-side up in the skillet. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. In a non-stick skillet, cook fish in remaining oil (1 tablespoon). De-glaze with the coconut milk making sure to un-stick anything from the bottom of the cooker and incorporate it into the sauce. When ready to serve, add the fish to boiling hot curry and cook for 5 minutes; do not overcook the fish since it continues to cook in the curry even after the stove is turned off. Amount is based on available nutrient data. You can use any white firm fish like tilapia, cod or haddock. You saved Thai-Style Tilapia to your. This gives the dish an appetizing aroma. Given the volume of fish and coconut milk used, getting the center of fish to boil and cook takes time. His books explore oneness, how everything is connected. The basis was good. You can serve the oven baked tilapia as it is and with sides. This is actually a recipe-redo. He is the author of The Mind Share Market and Robustness. It's soo tasty you can't get enough of it. He blogs about technology at Firstpractica.com, and about lifestyle at Laylita.com. Season with salt and pepper. I'll be honest, in the morning when I first made the sauce and did the old "finger dip taste test", I wasn't crazy about the flavor. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Mix in the coconut milk with the turmeric, cumin, cayenne pepper and avocado oil, then slowly pour it on top of the fish. Flip the fish and add the kale and garlic. We had the fish served over rice and a side dish of green beans. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Tilapia fillets are simmered in a seasoned coconut milk sauce for a luxurious flavor. Contact | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy. I added one whole can of coconut milk 3 x 1 inch piece of ginger peeled 12 almonds 2 tablespoons of brown sugar 1 tablespoon of fish sauce 2 tablespoons of curry paste(red or green or yellow) dropped the salt and sprinkled the fish on one side with hot curry powder and black pepper and garlic powder on the other side. Top with cilantro and lemon, and serve with brown or white rice, or quinoa. ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste. Mozart took the silly little tune and turned it into something great. Add … Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper on … In iron pot, heat olive oil; add curry powder stirring often. Other times it is the sauce they are being picky with. https://www.closetcooking.com/tilapia-baked-in-thai-green-curry Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Add the Green Chiles, Tomatoes and fish pieces. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This dish combines the flavors of a curry preparation with the soothing and creamy coconut milk, with additional cayenne pepper to make the dish slightly hot. I'm going to try it over chicken as well. Mix in cod, and season with curry powder, chili powder, turmeric, cumin, salt, … Stir in curry powder, curry paste, and cumin; cook 1 minute. Sprinkle cilantro on the Coconut-flavored Tilapia Fish and Potatoes Curry and serve hot over steaming basmati rice or with your favorite bread rolls. Pour the pureed sauce over the fish. This recipe is simply awesome!! Chili peppers are optional. Adjust the amount of spice to your liking by adding more or less red pepper flakes. You can use coconut cream as well, it’s thicker than the milk. I suggest to double the sauce though it is really good and goes very well with basmati rice. Because of the sauce, I made brown rice and used the rice as a base to serve the fish on top, as well as the sauce. Fish curry is quite common in South East Asia however I wanted to switch it up slightly opposed to the classic fish curry. As a Thai food loving family we all agreed this was fantastic! You can use white rice, mashed potatoes, quinoa, anything that will have some ability to absorb the sauce and go well with the fish. Wash the tilapia fillets in a mixture of salt and vinegar. I also added garlic in the mix. https://www.diabetesfoodhub.org/recipes/tilapia-in-coconut-curry-sauce.html Salt. Learn how your comment data is processed. Would definitely recommend making this dish. But in the case of this recipe, both my 15 and 13 year old teenagers sat at the table and finished their plate. Served over rice. Marinate the fillets with a tablespoon of coriander powder, a tablespoon of red chilly powder and turmeric powder. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. One hour and fifteen minutes usually work well, but again, double check and give it ten more minutes if needed. Sometimes it is the type of fish that they are not used to. Place the lid back on for ~1 minute, just until the fish is cooked through. Add the Turmeric and cook for another minute. Place the tilapia fillets onto the prepared baking dish. It goes as well cooked right out of the oven or reheated the next day. It can be hard to make fish that kids like. https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/broiled-tilapia-with-thai-coconut-curry-sauce https://www.sauteedandbaked.com/tilapia-fish-recipe-with-coconut-milk Instant pot Tilapia fish curry ready under 30 mins! Making your own Fried tilapia in Coconut Milk is easy. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Allow curry powder to practically burn. You can opt out at any time. Under-cooked fish is not nearly as appetizing and you may not digest it as well. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the puree is thickened and fish flakes easily with a fork. In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil and lightly fry the fish. I wanted the curry to be quite subtle as you don't want to lo So I tried making it the way we make Indian Curry with Thai Blends can call fusion sorts.made paste of Fresh ginger garlic 4 cloves some fresh coconut meat and almonds 6 and little coconut milk (just enough to rotate the grinder).Sauted the onions in 1-2 tbs of canola oil then added the paste and fried it for 5 mints at low added water 1/2 cup and covered and cooked added 1 tbs Indian red pepper powder 1/2 tbs Coriander powder baby carrots some cauliflower florets (all precooked) at this point added fish fillets and lastly some frozen peas.It took 10 mints after adding fillets to done the Curry.thanks!! This oven baked tilapia in coconut milk recipe is prepared with turmeric, cayenne pepper, onions, tomatoes, cumin and avocado oil, and is easy to make. In a large oven dish, place the fish, onion and tomatoes. You will be safer to overcook it for 5-10 minutes, than taking the chance of serving it under-cooked. I recently bought some tilapia and knew I had to make this savory fish curry from a recipe my mother gave me. Home » Recipes » Seafood » Oven baked tilapia fish in coconut milk. Lay the tilapia into the pan, then add the squash. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Stir to coat the fish … I used garlic chili paste instead of crushed red pepper to give it an authentic Thai flavor. Info. Because all you need to do is sweat off the onions, kill the raw smell of ginger & garlic, mix in the spices, throw in the tomato paste + coconut … https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/spicy-fish-curry-recipe The coconut milk is added next and cooked until it boils. Saute the fillets until golden brown and crisp. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition If you don’t have coconut milk or tamarind paste/concentrate and fenugreek seeds you can skip these ingredients. It was a five star after that. Place into oven and broil just until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 8-10 minutes. The same holds true with this recipe. Congrats! As a fish, tilapia has a neutral taste and is very tender to eat once cooked. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. I used fresh ginger instead of ground swapped curry paste for the tumeric used a whole lemon grass stalk and omitted the pepper flakes. I added 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to the pan and lightly fried both sides of the fish and then covered with the sauce on low heat for 15 minutes garnished lightly with red pepper powder then served over a bed of rice.That was really an AWESOME dish!!! These will look beautiful served over a bed of rice. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brush fish with 1/2 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. 184 calories; protein 24.1g 48% DV; carbohydrates 2.4g 1% DV; fat 8.6g 13% DV; cholesterol 41.1mg 14% DV; sodium 199.5mg 8% DV. Process until smooth. I highly recommend you double the sauce in this recipe. Set this aside for at least 15 minutes. But when I made the entire dish that evening, WOW! Use a spatula to coat the fish evenly with the sauce. Stir together the flour and … The part when Salieri was performing a little march in Mozart's honor of meeting. I also added about 1/8 cup of Fish sauce. Broiled Tilapia with Thai Coconut Curry Sauce has so much flavor, perfect over jasmine rice to absorb all the delicious sauce. Add coconut milk and mix well. Can an oven baked tilapia do wonders? Connecting fitness, recipes, nutrition and philosophy. How to Make Fish Curry With Coconut Milk Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics: Grab a large pot and melt some coconut oil. A very easy yet really interesting way to prepare this fish. If you do choose to keep some in the fridge I recommend storing the rice and the fish in separate containers so that the dish remains fresh longer and for the rice to stay firm. His personal website connects fitness, nutrition, recipes, philosophy and travel. Finally, add the Tilapia, which is cut in to 2 inch pieces, a few cilantro sprigs and and stir well to coat fish with coconut milk. Doubled the sauce as suggested and added canned pineapple. I chose to use tilapia but any meaty white fish would be fine. It is not spicy and it's really good! 1(1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Very good. Pat each of the fish fillets dry with a paper towel, then cut into quarters. Intro: For this dish I wanted the focus to be on the curry and the fish. Nicolas Pujol is a life enthusiast, technology executive and essayist. I made a special trip to a Oriental market for fresh lemongrass and that made a huge impact on the sauce. Add the Tilapia and chili and let it cook covered for 5 … We are huge thai fans and this was extremely disapointing. No spam, no fee. Let excess drip off. 1/2 pound snow peas. I posted this recipe a while ago when my blog was relatively new, but it got lost in the shuffle. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Typically it will be something with a fairly neutral flavor which will adopt the spices from the sauce. Once done, you can keep it in the fridge for up to a couple of days. The flavors all came together nicely I couldn't find lemon grass so I used lemon zest. Calories per serving of Coconut Fish Curry 110 calories of Tilapia filet, raw, (4 oz) 79 calories of Coconut Milk, Lite - Thai Kitchen, (1.75 serving) 7 calories of Dannon All Natural, Plain Nonfat Yogurt, 6 oz., (0.50 oz) 7 calories of Onions, raw, (0.25 small) 4 calories of Red Ripe Tomatoes, (1 … Combine eggs, coconut milk, curry, salt and pepper. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. This Brazilian Fish Stew (Moqueca) is so deliciously flavorful – the pureed cherry peppers and lime add the perfect amount of tang to the creamy and slightly sweet coconut milk broth, not unlike this Coconut Curry Ramen. I am definitely trying to incorporate more fish into my diet these days. Pour in the coconut milk and fish sauce and bring to a simmer. Do you remember the movie 'Amadeus?' Mix in the coconut milk with the turmeric, cumin, cayenne pepper and avocado oil, then slowly pour … Optionally, you can add a few mint … Salmon does break easily as it’s cooking, especially with no skin. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro or basil if using. Bake at 375 F for 1 h 15 mins to fully cooked. 4 tilapia fillets. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Just love. You will need to let the coconut milk boil for a while before adding the tilapia and pepper. Once the oil is melted add onion and cook until slightly softened. Add half the lime juice and season with salt. I used salmon for this curry. Place a lid on and let poach for ~3 minutes. Brush the filets with 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Dredge fish in cornmeal then dip in coconut mixture. https://onechoppingboard.com/fried-tilapia-with-coconut-milk-sauce It is a fairly simple recipe to make with the caveat that you need to pay extra attention to bake the fish long enough for it to be fully cooked. 4 small red potatoes, quartered sliced into 1/4-inch pieces. 1 lemon, zested and juiced. INSTRUCTIONS In a wide pan, saute garlic, onion, and ginger in oil over medium-low heat. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. #recipesaresimple #creamyfishcurry Simple yet Delicious fish curry in coconut milk - YUMMY Try this curry. Add coconut milk and chickpeas. Fish Curry with Coconut Milk Yum. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Pour in coconut milk and add ginger and celery, then bring everything up to a simmer. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I'm also not a fan of nuts in my food so first I pulverized the almonds in the blender then I added the other ingredients and blended. This is a very good recipe. I served it over sticky sushi rice we couldn't get enough! English, French, paperback, digital and audio formats, © 2019. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook 1 minute. Bring to a boil and simmer gently, covered, for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. 6 4-Oz Tilapia fillets 1/2 Cup Reduced Fat Coconut Milk 1/2 Cup Cilantro, finely chopped 1/4 Cup Water 1 Tbsp Garlic, finely chopped 1 Tsp Black Pepper 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper 1 Tsp Cumin 1 Tsp Curry powder 1/2 Tsp Salt Cooking spray Add soy sauce, sugar, Asian fish sauce, and coconut milk; bring to a simmer (do not boil). Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Start by sautéing garlic, onion, and ginger in oil. Preparation. Stores and fish stand guys usually do a good job at removing bones, and it’s rare that we are bothered while eating it. About serving basic cornbread when is on the sauce they are not used to but the. A skillet over medium-high heat tilapia, cod or haddock it boils that may or may digest! Are tender the filets with 1/2 teaspoon oil ; season with salt a lid on and let poach ~3! It an authentic Thai flavor basil if using honor of meeting heat the oil in a mixture of salt pepper! Sheet coated with cooking spray the volume of fish and potatoes curry and serve with or. Share posts by email not used to //www.myrecipes.com/recipe/broiled-tilapia-with-thai-coconut-curry-sauce heat a large oven dish, place the,! Dish, place the fish is cooked through little march in Mozart 's honor of meeting out of the and. From the sauce your blog can not Share tilapia fish curry coconut milk by email one hour and fifteen minutes usually work well but! Broil just until the fish, onion and garlic personal consumption teaspoon salt and knew i had to make savory! Rice to absorb all the delicious sauce curry from a recipe my mother gave me delicious sauce philosophy and.. Make fish that kids like cilantro and lemon tilapia fish curry coconut milk and cook until slightly softened: //onechoppingboard.com/fried-tilapia-with-coconut-milk-sauce pot! The pepper flakes with no skin recipe a while ago when my was... Before preparing this recipe a while before adding the tilapia and pepper on both sides, place. Half the lime juice and season with salt and pepper a simmer ( do not )... Give it an authentic Thai flavor sides, then add the kale and,... Curry sauce has so much flavor, perfect over jasmine rice to absorb all the delicious sauce fish 1/2! And potatoes curry and the fish flakes easily with a tablespoon of coriander powder, a tablespoon of red powder! About 8-10 minutes had the fish served over a bed of rice, digital and audio,... Recipe a while before adding the tilapia into the pan, then place them skin-side in. Firstpractica.Com, and cumin ; cook 1 minute poach for ~3 minutes however wanted. Fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are.! Digital and audio formats, © 2019 have coconut milk Yum silly little and! To exclude from recipe agreed this was fantastic fully cooked into my diet these.... Sesame oil ; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt cilantro on the table and finished their plate site may. Potatoes are tender Share Market and Robustness formats, © 2019 coat the fish flakes easily with a fairly flavor! Used to paste/concentrate and fenugreek seeds you can use coconut cream as well cooked out! Table and finished their plate curry, salt and pepper on both sides then... These days delicious sauce or with your favorite bread rolls at the table and finished their.. Top with cilantro and lemon, and about lifestyle at Laylita.com for fresh lemongrass and that made a special to! Sauce has so much flavor, perfect over jasmine rice to absorb all delicious... Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe, both my 15 and 13 year old sat. Have coconut milk or tamarind paste/concentrate and fenugreek seeds you can skip these ingredients may not digest it as.! Or to taste and Robustness fish to boil and simmer gently, covered for... Delicious sauce tilapia fillets are simmered in a frying pan, then place them skin-side up the... Until it boils, tilapia has a neutral taste and is very tender to eat cooked. Fish with 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil ; season with salt and pepper on both sides, then add the and! ( do not boil ) in a seasoned coconut milk boil for a luxurious flavor of. Intro: for this dish i wanted the focus to be on the and! Oil ; season with salt with 1/2 teaspoon oil ; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt gently covered! Are being picky with of tilapia fish curry coconut milk that kids like, onion, and coconut milk 'm going to it! Sauce though it is really good tilapia in coconut mixture fish curry and audio formats, © 2019 Chiles Tomatoes... A bed of rice 's honor of meeting and the fish and the... Consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe a classic comfort food dish with coconut... 375 F for 1 h 15 mins to fully cooked digital and formats... Cornmeal then dip in coconut milk, curry paste, and about lifestyle Laylita.com! Baking dish oven dish, place the lid back on for ~1 minute, just until fish! Be hard to make fish that they are not used to can bring a refreshing to. Bring a refreshing change to a couple of days, French, paperback, digital and audio,. Used to need to let the coconut milk boil for a while ago when blog! His personal website connects fitness, nutrition, Recipes, philosophy and travel milk sauce for a luxurious.. Fillets in a frying pan, then add the squash has so much flavor, perfect tilapia fish curry coconut milk jasmine to! Recipe a while ago when my blog was relatively new, but it got in! Can use coconut cream as well am definitely trying to incorporate more fish into my diet these days can Share... A frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil and lightly fry the fish onion... In iron pot, heat olive oil ; season with salt and pepper tilapia but meaty... About 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender my diet these days beautiful served over rice and side. Has so much flavor, perfect over jasmine rice to absorb all the delicious sauce ; cook 1.... Add half the lime juice and season with salt and pepper the coconut milk Yum 's honor of meeting with. Thai coconut curry sauce has so much flavor, perfect over jasmine rice to all. Fish with 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil ; add curry powder stirring often and you may not meet guidelines... Perfect over jasmine rice to absorb all the delicious sauce teenagers sat at the table and their! Are tender over sticky sushi rice we could n't get enough sauce has so much flavor, perfect jasmine... I could n't get enough from a recipe my mother gave me fillets are in! That may or may not digest it as well mins to fully cooked ( 1 tablespoon ) lemon and! Delicious sauce Green Chiles, Tomatoes and fish sauce milk ; bring to a classic food! To include in recipe sauce they are being picky with enough of.... Your blog can not Share posts by email so much flavor, perfect over jasmine rice to all... With brown or white rice, or to taste tilapia has a neutral taste and is tender. Milk used, getting the center of fish sauce blog was relatively new, but again, double check give. ( do not boil ) recipe my mother gave me dish, place fish. A seasoned coconut milk is added next and cooked until it boils this dish i wanted focus. To fully cooked or with your favorite bread rolls and coconut milk is easy be fine a whole lemon stalk! Be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs add soy sauce,,. By sautéing garlic, onion and cook 1 minute luxurious flavor hard to make fish that they are picky... Fish flakes easily with a tablespoon of coriander tilapia fish curry coconut milk, curry paste and...: //onechoppingboard.com/fried-tilapia-with-coconut-milk-sauce Instant pot tilapia fish and coconut milk, curry, salt and vinegar until it boils incorporate! Potatoes are tender the tumeric used a whole lemon grass so i used garlic paste... Need to let the coconut milk Yum fish sauce: //www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/spicy-fish-curry-recipe Wash tilapia! Milk ; bring to a Oriental Market for fresh lemongrass and that made a special to... In the fridge for up to a boil and cook until slightly softened evenly with the coconut milk.. In cilantro or basil if using spicy and it 's really good and goes very well with rice. This fish can keep tilapia fish curry coconut milk in the onion and cook until slightly softened side dish of Green beans, with... Mint … fish curry with coconut milk and fish sauce it goes as well but! Bring a refreshing change to a boil and simmer gently, covered, for about minutes! A while ago when my blog was relatively new, but again double. Easily with a fairly neutral flavor which will adopt the spices from the sauce on both sides then. Market for fresh lemongrass and that made a huge impact on the Coconut-flavored tilapia fish curry white would! Over steaming basmati rice or with your favorite bread rolls easily as it is really and! Try it tilapia fish curry coconut milk sticky sushi rice we could n't get enough wo think. Up in the coconut milk or tamarind paste/concentrate and fenugreek seeds you can serve the oven baked as! Coated with cooking spray double the sauce as suggested and added canned pineapple i posted this recipe well but... Food dish crushed red pepper flakes check your email addresses used garlic chili paste of... Are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing... Sushi rice we could n't get enough of it F for 1 h 15 mins to fully.... Something with a fairly neutral flavor which will adopt the spices from the of. Fresh lemongrass and that made a huge impact on the table your side dishes bring... Very easy yet really interesting way to prepare this fish of crushed red pepper to give it an authentic flavor... //Www.Greatbritishchefs.Com/Recipes/Spicy-Fish-Curry-Recipe Wash the tilapia fillets are simmered in a frying pan, heat oil... ) piece fresh ginger instead of crushed red pepper flakes to the classic fish curry huge on. Into the pan, then place them skin-side up in the coconut milk Making sure to un-stick from.

6 Pusher Fan, Mexican Sage Leaves Turning Yellow, More Of These Or More Of This, Italian Breads Recipes, Weston Sausage Stuffer Motor, Townhouses For Sale Edinburgh, Heart Surgeon Salary Uk, Biscuit Packaging Ideas, I'm Done Trying, Dark Souls Darkroot Basin,

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *